Friday, January 13, 2012

Quo by Orly: Cold Stone Swatches + EOTD

So I decided a couple days ago to swatch another of the 18 Quo by Orly nail polishes I got for Christmas... but it's taken be about three days to decide whether I should photograph it and share it or not. The colour should have just blown me away - it looked gorgeous. In the bottle it looks like a gunmetal grey colour with silver sparkles and holographic microglitter. Doesn't that sound amazing? I thought it would be extraordinary.

And it's not that the colour disappointed once it was on the nails, but I felt as though the formula disappointed. You can see what I'm talking about in the swatches. I can't tell if the polish bubbled drastically or if the glitter is so course that the polish ends up looking this textured when on the nails, but even with a coat of Seche Vite on top, it just would not smooth out.

I also tried to mattify it with Essie Matte About You, but you completely lose the holographic glitter when you do that, which is the best part!

Anyway, I love the colour, but I'll let you decide for yourself if the texture completely ruins the manicure for you as much as it does for me. Excuse the tip wear because it took me 3 days to decide whether to swatch this or not.








And finally, I did a look the other day just for fun. I used all Makeup Geek eyeshadows, and no base since I was just doing it for fun and actually wasn't wearing any other makeup on my face.
All Makeup Geek:
  • Corrupt (black)
  • Mocha (brown)
  • Cocoa Bear (terra cota)
  • Shimma-Shimma (highlight)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment