Sunday, March 04, 2012

China Glaze The Hunger Games Capitol Colors Collection Swatches (4)

To be completely honest, I haven't even read the Hunger Games books, nor do I have any desire to see the movie... but parts of this collection just were must-have regardless of my ignorance of the series. I decided to pick up four of the colours, Agro, Smoke and Ashes, Stone Cold, and Fast Track. Here are the swatches:

Agro is a foiled olive green with gold undertones. I think this one surprised me the most out of all the ones I got because I didn't expect it turn out so duochromey. I love the olive green on its own, but when the sun hits it, this gorgeous gold-green picks up.
The formula was good, but a little on the thick side; it took two coats but was nearly opaque in one.



The white balance is off on this one, but you can see how the gold comes out best in this picture.

Smoke and Ashes is a blacked based polish packed with green-blue duochrome shimmer. In dull light it may look just black, but once light hits it, it just shines with blue and green. It's an extremely complex polish.
The formula, I found to be, very good on this one; it was opaque in two coats.




Stone Cold is a matte! Which is mostly the reason why I picked it up; it's a grey shimmery matte which does look just like stone. When a shiny top coat is applied, it darkens up a bit, but the shimmer in it is just beautiful glossy.
The formula on this was a little hard to work with because mattes dry so fast, but as long as you apply quickly and try to cover your nail in as few strokes as possible, it does apply like a dream.



Ring finger with a coat of Seche Vite on top.

Fast Track has to be the one I was most excited about; while it's just a taupey nude, the shimmer packed into it makes it so interesting. It's got a taupe base with an extreme amount of gold shimmer packed into it. When the light hits this one, the gold just dances; it's amazing.
The formula was thinner than the others, I used three coats to get it opaque, but I could have stopped at two.




Which Hunger Games polishes are you most excited about?

1 comment:

  1. I like nail with Agro- olive green most. It looks superb. I will suggest this to my customer.
    -----------------------------------------------
    - Wedding Hair and Makeup

    ReplyDelete